As always we would value your feedback and ideas.
Our 6 Privacy Commitments :
Providing Personal Information
Collection, Use, Storage and Management of Your Personal Information
Viewing, Changing or Deleting Your Personal Information
Cookies and Web Monitoring
Third party Websites
A. Our 6 Privacy Commitments
• Macpac (1) only collects personal information (2) that you have voluntarily provided and that is specifically related to our business or understanding our customers better – for example your feedback on outdoor equipment.
• We will never sell your personal information to a 3rd party. Information on Macpac customers or business partners is only used Macpac for Macpac related business.
• Only Macpac staff that need to have access to personal information have access. All our staff are aware of our privacy commitments and the importance of following them.
• Macpac operates a clear ‘opt in’ subscription policy for email communication. All new customers must specifically give us their email address and be aware we are sending them a Macpac email newsletter.
• Any person, customer or partner may permanently ‘opt out’ at any time from our email newsletters by clicking the prominent ‘Unsubscribe’ button. We will not send them email newsletters or other marketing related messages again.
• If you have any questions or issues – or simply want to view or amend the information we hold on you - please contact us – firstname.lastname@example.org
B: Providing Personal Information
Macpac operates a clear ‘opt in’ subscription policy for email communication. All new customers must specifically give us their email address and be aware we are sending them a Macpac email newsletter. (Macpac customers (ie: those who have purchased a Macpac product and completed the registration form) or business partners with whom we have a direct and ongoing relationship may be added to our email newsletter database list as part of our communication – however you may opt out at any time).
Your personal information (1) will only be added to our customer database (to be used for purposes other than answering your specific request) if you provide your email address for the purpose of receiving emails from us (eg. by joining the Macpac Wilderness Club (MWC), registering your product online, or signing up for our email newsletters).
If you complete an online form on our website, the information that you enter on that form will only be collected if you actually submit the form to us. If you change your mind and do not submit the information, any information you have entered up to that point will not be collected by our system and will be discarded (note that if your browser has an “auto complete” function, it might automatically fill in the form again the next time you visit that page).
Any personal information that you actually submit to us using our website, printed form or in an e-mail will only be used for the following purposes:
• if you choose to allow us to do so, to send you promotional or other information about us, our website, the Services or our products, either through e-mail, ordinary mail, or some other means;
• to conduct research about our website, the Services or our products;
• to allow us to personalise our website or Services for you;
• to process any request that you make; or
• for security purposes.
If you choose to use the Services and submit information to us about you for that purpose, you will be taken as authorising us to collect, use, store and disclose that information in the manner and for the purposes outlined in this policy (also governed by the Terms of the MWC). If you choose not to provide all of the personal information that we request from you, the Services you request may not be available to you.
If you provide us with personal information about you, you should advise us on email@example.com if the information changes, so we can update our records. We may contact you from time to time to check that information we hold is still accurate.
C: Collection, Use, Storage and Management of Your Personal Information
The personal information that we collect about you is stored on our database server operated by Mouton Noir Limited in Christchurch New Zealand, and its collection, storage, use and disclosure is governed by the terms of the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993.
Personal details will only be used by Macpac and Fairydown (Mouton Noir Ltd) and will not be sold to any third party at any stage. We may disclose personal information that we collect and retain about you to third parties but only for the purposes identified in this policy or to which you have consented, or when we are required to do so by law. If we provide any contact details to our contracted suppliers who are responsible for processing our mail-outs, we require those suppliers to agree to use that the information only to fulfil that purpose, and not to retain the details once that purpose has been fulfilled.
All issues related to the privacy and management of information we collect online or via email is governed by the laws of New Zealand.
Note: Information collected offline (eg: mail in registration cards), may be covered by the laws of other countries - please contact us if you have any questions.
D. Viewing, Changing or Deleting Your Personal InformationUnder the Privacy Act 1993 (New Zealand), you have certain rights to access and request correction of your personal information held by us. Customers or business partners may contact us at any time and ask to see what personal information we are holding on them (name, address or any other personal information). Customers or business partners may ask for any of this information to be modified or for their personal information to be deleted permanently. We commit to deal with all queries in a prompt, professional and open manner.
If you subscribe to a mailing list that we maintain (including an e-mail subscription list), you can ask us to remove you from that list at any time by using the “unsubscribe” facility referred to in our message to you, or sending us an e-mail with your details to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will comply with that request as soon as we reasonably can. However you understand that sometimes we may have begun distributing a mail-out before we can process that request, and in those circumstances you might still receive that mail-out.
E. Cookies and Web Monitoring
F: Third Party Websites
If you have accessed Third Party Websites through this website and if the operators of those Third Party Websites collect information about you, we may also collect or have access to that information as part of our arrangements with those third parties.
Where you access a Third Party Website from this website, cookie information, information about your preferences or other information you have provided about yourself may be shared between us and the third party. You usually cannot be identified from the information that is shared. If you can be identified from this information, we will seek your consent before sharing the information.
Third Party Websites should contain their own privacy statements and the operators of those Third Party Websites are responsible for their own privacy practices.
G: General & Contacts
We will save any e-mail that you send us, if we believe that we have a legal or business requirement to do so. We may monitor e-mail message content for security issues including where e-mail abuse is suspected.
If you have a dispute with us or want to know more about privacy issues in New Zealand, we encourage you to visit the New Zealand Office of The Privacy Commissioner’s website at http://www.privacy.org.nz.
Please contact us with any queries or issues related to how we collect or manage this information or to view, alter or delete your information:
4 Mary Muller Drive
PO Box 22-225
Phone: +64 3 365 8963
Fax: +64 3 366 4913
Macpac Retail PTY LTD
404 Smith Street
Freephone - 1800 128 504
Fax - 03 9417 7544
(1) Macpac and Fairydown are owned by Mouton Noir Ltd, all Terms in this policy are between these three entities and the customer/business partner.
(2) Personal information covers information personal to you – your name, physical address, email address or other contact information plus specific information on your profession etc that you may have provided voluntarily in a Macpac survey etc. It does not cover commercially sensitive information such as revenue or profit data or information that may relate to another person or group.