Prophet XPD Jacket eVent Women's111779
- Based on its legendary predecessors the new Prophet XPD is the bee's knees for mountain adventures in any weather. Made from the most breathable waterproof fabric available this is a serious alpine jacket; extremely durable, fully featured and ready for action!
The Prophet XPD is made from a midweight 3-layer eVent fabric (taslan dobby) with tough 3-layer eVent fabric (plain weave) in critical areas. Independent tests by the US Army's Soldier Systems Centre show that eVent fabrics transport moisture away from the body (commonly called 'breathability') up to 200% faster than any other waterproof breathable fabric on the market.
- Design & Technical Features
- eVent fabric; waterproof, windproof, breathable and durable
- Fully adjustable alpine style hood (fits a helmet)
- Hood has stiffened peak with wire for optimal protection
- Chin guard lined with microtherm for comfort
- 2-way front zip
- Double storm flap with velcro closure (plus dome at the bottom)
- Rear storm flap has heat pressed drainage channel
- Two chest pockets with water resistant zips to keep the moisture out
- Two hand pockets with water resistant zips to keep the moisture out
- Two internal chest pockets – one zippered, one bound
- Comfortable microtherm hand pocket bags with separate compartment for a heating gel pack
- Water resistant pit zips for extra ventilation
- Articulated sleeves for unrestricted movement
- Glove loops on sleeves
- Moulded cuff tabs – simple to adjust, also with gloves on
- Reflective detailing for visibility/safety
- Adjustable hem and waist with single-hand drawcords
Weight 700 g - Size 10
- eVent Fabric Test
- eVent Fabric
Macpac launches eVent rainwear
Macpac is dedicated to developing products of the highest level of performance. This sometimes means we are swimming against the tide in a market filling up with new overseas brands. Trends, fashion and the cheapest price don’t keep you warm and dry in bad weather, or give you the confidence to explore the places you really want to go to. Every time we see a 20 year old Macpac pack in active use we are reminded that we are right to follow our own path - we see very few other packs age as gracefully as ours.
Over two years ago we commenced a review of our performance rainwear range. Our Gore-Tex XCR Prophet jacket and Resolution jackets were somewhat iconic. The design and features were well resolved and they sold well, but we wondered: “Are these the very best rainwear jackets we can make?”
We had good feedback from our customers and our test-team as to what features we needed to incorporate. The biggest single advancement however was changing to eVent fabric.
Using eVent fabric was once again a case of following performance rather than trend. A combination of our own test-results and data from independent US Army testing made us confident this was the only way forward for Macpac.
While eVent also use an ePTFE (expanded poly-tetra-fluro-ethylene) laminate like Gore-Tex, eVent developed an oleophobic (oil repelling) version to protect the ePTFE from contamination from body oils and fats. Gore-Tex uses a PU (poly-urethane) coating for this purpose which greatly reduces the ability for sweat to pass through the fabric. The result is that eVent ‘breathes’ up to 200% more than Gore-Tex.
How to measure up - a guide for Macpac clothing sizes (cm)
Measure around the fullest part of the chest, ensure the tape is under the arms & arms are straight at side of body
Measure your waist at your narrowest part (Natural Waistline)
Measure around the fullest part of your hips - standing with feet together
With elbow bent slightly, measure from center of spine at base of neck, across the shoulder & down arm to elbow, finishing at wrist.
Measured from crutch to ground (shoes off)