Find your Macpac back length
FIND YOUR MACPAC BACK LENGTH Locate your C7 cervical vertebra. Working down your neck, it's the highest vertebra that you can feel protruding near the base of your neck. No need to press hard, you should feel it easily through your skin. This point is usually a bit higher than your shoulders.Its easier if someone helps you with this step. Measure vertically from your C7 to the floor in cm. Alternatively, mark the height off accurately against a wall or door frame with a piece of removable tape.
Find your Iliac crest. That's the highest point of the top of you hip bone at the side. Make sure you are not taking the front of your hip bone.
Measure vertically from your Iliac crest to the floor in cm. Alternatively, mark the height off accurately against a wall or door frame with a piece of removable tape.
Work out the difference between the two heights in cm. This is your Macpac back length. It is typically between 32 and 44cm for women, and between 37 and 49cm for men.
Men and women are different in body form and how they distribute and carry a load. Macpac have a number of women's models in our Liberator™, Liberator™ Freeload™, AirFlo™, Quantum™, Dynamic™, Wraptor™ and Active™ harnesses that offer optimal fit, comfort and performance. Design features:
- Shoulder straps are closer together so they sit on a woman's narrow shoulders and don't slip off.
- Hipbelt is longer and more flared to fit over a woman's broad and curved hipbones.
- Soft dual-density foam on the shoulder pads provides comfort across the sensitive chest area.
- Lower-profile shoulder pads with tapered thickness under the arms provides more clearance and reduces chafing.
- Sternum strap is narrower and sits higher.
Small and less bulky buckles are used to get a neater fit on a woman's smaller frame. This also makes them easy to adjust and open with small hands. Note: Features vary depending on the load-carrying system.
If it doesn't fit, return it within 60 days, as long as it's unworn, unwashed and unaltered.
See Returns Policy
If your measurements are in between those listed in the size chart, pick the next larger size.